Magazines (I got some from Walmart for free)
Paper
A pencil
Eraser
Coloured paper
Glitter glue (optional)
Scissors
Glue
I'm making this as a Mother's Day card but honestly these could be anything: signs,wrapping paper ect. Ect. This kind of art is easy,great for all ages and requires absoulutely no artistic talent. In other words, it's great for everything!
1. Since its a LAYERED card we'll be starting with the background layer. The background will be made of magizine cuttings. Don't use showy, bright colours or else it'll outshine the focal point and you don't want that! Use netural colours or do what I did: cut out articles. Use words, any words from recipes to diper suggestions. Go with the flow! If you're using words then try pasting colourful script now and then.
2. After the background has dried trim the edges to make it neater.
3. Now grab your coloured piece of paper- this will be the second layer. Size it so that it's slightly smaller than your first layer- you can mke it even smaller if you want.
4. Now it's time for your mosaic art. First, lightly sketch out your design. It's very simple. Now all you have to do is cut out pieces of magazines and fit it together. For example, if I were making a square I'd maybe cut out triangles. One triangle then a tiny bit of space before the next triangle.
5. You're done! Now add your own touches to it.

No comments:
Post a Comment